GUIDELINES FOR EVER 2024 SPECIAL INTEREST SYMPOSIUM (SIS) AND COURSE PROPOSALS
As a benefit of your EVER membership, it is our pleasure to invite you to submit a SIS and/or a Course Proposal for EVER 2024.
Each scientific section of EVER is encouraged to organize at least one Special Interest Symposium (SIS) and a Course during each EVER congress. The Section Chair will monitor the number of SIS/Courses submitted from each section. If it may prove necessary to merge the SIS/course proposals in the section, this will also be the role of the Section Chair and his/ her Programme Secretary to follow this up.
A SIS is envisaged to be a symposium with a unifying theme put together by a named organizer, but with the active and willing voluntary participation of nominated speakers.
Topics, which appeal to, or are co-proposed with, other EVER sections have the best chance of being accepted in case there are more proposals than can be organized in one meeting.
Preference may then be given to organizers, speakers and topics that were not represented in the immediately preceding congress. We aim in particular to encourage prestigious speakers and basic scientists and those who have not previously spoken at EVER to attend.
SIS/Course structural rules:
- Each SIS/Course has a duration of 65 min plus 10 minutes discussion.
- Each SIS has a maximum of 5 and a minimum of 3 speakers.
- Each SIS/Course should have two Chairs – these may also be organizers and /or speakers.
Duties to All SIS/Course organizers:
- The SIS/Course organizer must be a paid 2024 EVER member and register in the congress. Membership is compulsory to be able to submit a summary (unless invited by the President to organize a conjoint 2024 EVER-Society Special Interest Symposium).
- The SIS/Course organizer must ask the approval of the Section Chair to organize the SIS/Course and must discuss the SIS/Course outline with the Section Chair and Programme Secretary and work closely with them.
- OIC must receive the full name and e-mail of those participating speakers approved by a Section Chair and SIS/Course organizer in advance, in order to allow them to access to the dedicated section on the on-line portal.
- SIS/Course organizers must provide all the information requested in the online submission form.
- OIC will coordinate and collect all necessary information from all speakers involved in each SIS/Course
through the on-line portal.
- OIC will inform all potential speakers of the rules and the deadlines below for SIS/ Course.
SIS/ Course speakers that are First time attendees will be granted a full waiver of the annual EVER Membership fee.
- In the registration phase, the participants will have the possibility to choose the registration fee for first time attendees.
Those SIS / Course speakers who fall into this category may either register for the whole meeting at the early bird rate for the full 3 days 300€, OR register at the special one-day rate 100€.
- All other SIS/ Course speakers who are not first attendees, are required to pay EVER membership and to register for the annual meeting (full 3 days or one day).
- SIS/Course speakers must submit a summary of their presentation via the online submitting procedure from February 20th.
- SIS/Course speakers must organize their own travel and accommodation.
- If a SIS/Course speaker has a commercial interest in either a product or equipment being promoted at a SIS/Course, then it should be declared in the summary submission portal and in the presentation itself.
Each SIS/Course organizer is warmly encouraged to obtain sponsorship from a commercial company. If a SIS/Course is evaluated to be of commercial interest by the Section Chair, sponsorship by a Company will be mandatory.
If the SIS/Course is sponsored, the requested sponsorship will cover the following:
3.500 Euro as contribution to the running expenses of the SIS/Course and to support the organizations commitment to sponsor early career scientists and clinicians to participate in all aspects of the EVER meeting.
This amount will include:
- meeting room required for the SIS
- n. 2 Free Registrations to EVER Congress 2024
- name and logo of the SIS/Course sponsor will be printed in the pocket programme and mentioned on Congress website.
The sponsoring company is requested to pay the 3.500 EUR contribution directly to EVER Congress.
All SIS/Course organizers and SIS/Course speakers will get a confirmation by 15 April 2024.
MARK THESE DATES
15 December 2023 to 5 February 2024
SIS/Course Proposals portal
20 February 2024 to 9 April 2024
SIS/Course summary submission process for all SIS/Course Speakers
No summaries = no publication on Acta Ophthalmologica!
15 April 2024
FINAL Approval of SIS/Course in the provisional programme by the Programme Secretary